Connect to and Control the OLED Display on the ESP32
In this part of the tutorial, we explain how to control the display that is included on the ESP32 web kit module. The display is connected over I2C and we use the microPython module ssd1306.py as library.
- you can write a string to the display
- you can converts numbers to strings and write them to the display
- you can clear the display or fill it
- you can position text at different positions on the display
Required Module and Files
- We use []
- This is a basic [test example] for how to use this module
- This is [code example that reads analog in and prints on the display]
- you can download all the file in a ZIP: https://www.sketching-with-hardware.org/files/display.zip
Writing to the OLED Dsiplay over I2C
In this video on youtube (22:00) we show how to write text to the OLED Display on the ESP32 module. We then show how to connect a poti to an analog input and display the value in a loop on the display.
an LED and how to control it from MicroPython: https://youtu.be/UbxwePvgX-U